Thursday, July 17, 2014

Week 2 - True Immersion and the Lord is My Light

Hello Everyone,

Last week was a trial run of emailing and all of that good stuff. This week I have things figured out and have a general email for everyone. It's hard to come up with an email in the MTC when everyday and week is basically the same.

First things off, I love to read notes and emails from anyone no matter what they say because the MTC is the legal way to brainwash kids. If I didn't write down what day it was I would lose track almost instantly. However, even though we are all brainwashed, I feel the spirit everyday which is great because I need it constantly as I learn more and more everyday.

The gym has been closed, but I've been able to lift and play soccer daily which is great and that's how I learned who won the World Cup. We were walking to the field one day to play soccer and as a car drove by they yelled out the window that Germany had won. I didn't want Germany to win but oh well!

I'm kind of answering all questions within this one email so, you will all have to read it and look for the answers to your questions.

As I have studied this week, 2 Nephi chapters 31-33 hit me so I encourage you all to re-read them. Along with you actually reading that I'll share one more thought before I have to go-- Mosiah 4:11 says,

 "And again I say unto you as I have said before, that as ye have come to the knowledge of the glory of God, or if ye have known of his goodness and have tasted of his goodness and have tasted of his love, and have received a remission of your sins, which causeth such exceedingly great joy in your souls, even so I would that ye should remember, and always retain in remembrance, the greatness of God, and your own NOTHINGNESS, and his goodness and long-suffering towards you, UNWORTHY creatures, and HUMBLE yourselves even in the depths of HUMILITY, calling on the name of the Lord daily, and standing steadfastly in the faith of that which is to come, which was spoken by the mouth of the angel."
That scripture is powerful and almost makes you feel terrible but it's okay as it says in Psalms 27:1
"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?"
This is very comforting and helps us to know really who we need to rely on.

I'm loving the packages and emails. My companion and I can give an overview of the first lesson in Indonesian which is crazy but I love speaking the language. I'll share my testimony at the very end. Everyone's goals that I've heard have been awesome and I hope you can all keep them. I love you all and always pray about you.

Saya tahu bahwa Injil Yesus Kristus benar dan bapa sargawi mengasihi kita. Saya tahu bahwa Kitab Mormon benar dan itu akan membantu kita akan apa pun. Kita bisa berbecara akan Allah dan Bapa Sargawi melalui doa dan mereka akan menjawab doa-doa anda. Saya mengasihi anda!!


Elder Hayes








No comments:

Post a Comment