Monday, July 6, 2015

Week 53 - Happy Independence Day, Unity, Peace be Unto Thy Soul

Selamat Hari Kemerdekaan!!! 

The 4th happened this past week and I rocked an American tie! It was a mini blessing because it sparked many conversations as I went throughout the day. As for Indonesia, it's independence day is the 17th of August so that will be coming up pretty soon! 

This past week has been a good one. It has been hot and toasty with lots of great things going on. This morning I had to catch a plane and fly to Jakarta as there is an MLC meeting tomorrow. Going between the 2 cities is very different, especially this month where most of the people in Jakarta are fasting. 

One of the biggest blessings of the week was at our sports night we have. Every other Thursday we play futsal. Well, this past Thursday, a less-active showed up who I have never met and can never meet at his house. He is a huge fan of futsal and was very open and very excited. It was a blessing not only to talk with him for a little bit but also to find an activity that the branch and other people enjoy. I've really learned that unity is the key to a lot of things in life. If there is no unity things can only go so far. My companion, Elder S and I are doing great and we build off of each other to see the blessings and the good things in life. 

The other great thing was the huge change the branch has made in about a month! When I first arrived, every week there was about 50-60 people that came to church. This past month, there has only been one week where the branch has been under 70 in attendance. Things are really moving forward and the Lord is building his church! 

This past week I was a little stressed with things, investigators, and other things. I was reading in the little stress book that they give to all the missionaries a few of the points that it says and D&C 121 popped into my head  

My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment .  

Surely enough, the scripture was true and things only lasted for a little bit and I went on my way. It goes to show how applicable the scriptures have on lives. The scriptures bring comfort when needed and give us not only a sense of direction but the eternal truth. It was time for Boyd K. Packer to go and I think he is very happy on the other side, which will make for a very interesting conference. 

It sounds like this past week there was a fun one with other things about to start up. All the pictures were really cool! I hope things continue to go well and all is well. 

Other than that, I don't really know what else to write, I hope this will suffice for this week until the next!

Elder Hayes

No comments:

Post a Comment