Sunday, September 20, 2015

Week 64 - Off to the Big City

Well, my time in Manado (a mini heaven on earth) has come to an end and I will be making the move to Jakarta. One of, if not the most densely populated city in the entire world! I actually leave later tonight! President Donald, Sister Donald, the AP's, and the Sister training leaders all came to visit Manado this week. I think that the district here has maybe started a little buzz and they just had to come see and witness for themselves! It has been a great last week with lots of great things. Yesterday at church we almost reached 100 people in the tiny church that we have and boy was it blistering hot in there! I was beyond grateful to serve here in Manado for the past 4.5 months but it is now time to hit the city of Jakarta!
To answer EVERYBODY'S question about the rat, it did not taste bad nor taste good. It was almost tasteless but chewy! Therefore it was not my favorite but I did not hate it!!

The Sisters had a baptism on Saturday and she has to be one of the most fired-up people I have ever met! She makes me laugh every time her mouth opens but it was such a great experience for her and her family. I know sometime in the future her husband will join her as during the baptism, he leans over to me and says, "you're going to baptize me right?" It just goes to shows that the spirit (truth) is manifested in the ordinances (somewhere in Doctrine and Covenants).
We have had splits with different missionaries, we visited the members, investigators with baptismal dates and it was just a great week, a super hot one, but a great one!!

I know that this church is true and that the priesthood authority has been restored!
Love you all,

Elder Hayes

J's Baptisim

Another Baptisim
I Just Liked This Picture

On the Way to an Appointment.

Beautiful Manado

No comments:

Post a Comment