Sunday, January 24, 2016

Week 81 - On the Mend and Back to Work!

Selamat pagi semuanya!!

Looks like Viriginia has just shut down by the looks of those pictures! I can't tell you how ridiculously cold that looks! I bet you everybody is praying so that midterms will be canceled as well. Poor Puggers has to find his way in all of that hahaha! With a couple days off and all you know me, I might try to find my way to the slopes and have a good day or something.

As for me, nothing has held me back this week except for the fact I am extremely tired. Once I heard that everything was okay, it was back to work. My foot has kind of slowed me down this week but it just takes me a little bit longer to get around to places, no big deal. The doctor said my foot might be like this for about 3 weeks at least so I'll just live with that. I'm sure there are other things wrong with me but going to the doctor to find that out doesn't really excite me so we'll just put that one off for a little. As long as I'm living, I'm doing good.

I'm pretty confident that my companion and I will be seeing lots of people join the church in the near future. We have been working with lots of people and some of them are coming to church and progressing. We have been at this point for a while. Lots of people have lots of progress but we have had a hard time getting them in the water. I hope and pray that in the near future, a few of them will enter into the waters of baptism. It is one of the greatest blessings to watch a clean soul come out of the water. I know the blessings that await them are countless! We have had some pretty good success with some less-actives making it back to church and helping them feel the Savior's love towards them and the peace they can feel as they partake of the sacrament. 

We have been preparing ourselves for this upcoming week. We will be traveling around to Solo and Surabaya starting tomorrow for PLD meetings and all of that. I'm pretty excited for the week. It's a bummer that I won't be able to join the other missionaries in playing futsal but will be great to still spend time with them and learn together. There was a worldwide missionary broadcast on the 20th but we didn't watch it because we decided to save it and watch it with all of the missionaries for the PLD meetings and discuss that. I already had my interview with President Donald which was a great one. Every interview there is like a small reminder of maybe some of the small things that I should be doing more often and that it is exactly what I need to just keep going!  

This past week we held a district leader meeting, sent a couple missionaries off to Singapore to renew their visas and were here to welcome them back, taught lots of people, and just got back to work! I know the church is true and I know that Heavenly Father loves each and every one of his Children. 

Elder Hayes

Elder Shaner and I e-mailing

No comments:

Post a Comment