Monday, February 8, 2016

Week 83 - Moving In His Majesty and Power

Hello friends and family!!

This past week has been a rollercoaster! There has been ups and downs and loops and headaches and just a whole lot of things that are related with rollercoasters....you can use your own imagination!

We finished up the rounds of PLD here in Jakarta on Monday and Tuesday. I was able to watch the missionary broadcast for the third time and it was just as spiritual as the first time. I really payed attention to see Max and there he was sitting there. I had to translate the broadcast again but it was pretty easy because I had already seen it twice and I had translated it once before. It is always a great time to gather with other missionaries and share funny stories and just different things that happen. 

This past week I had a pink eye scare. I woke up one day and my eye was redder than red. It was super itchy and driving me nuts and it wouldn't go away. I had to buy some eye drop things from the pharmacy but actually had this feeling right after buying them had this feeling to actually wait and use the drops. I went to bed that night and woke up the next morning feeling better. By the following day, my eye was clear and I didn't have to use the drops at all. So, I'm not too actually sure if it was pink eye or not....the important thing is that I'm healthy. My foot still has a hole in it but I think is closing up slowly but surely.

This past week studying has been a great one. President Donald told me to read, "Moving In His Majesty and Power," by Neal A. Maxwell. There was so many great insight in that book and really opened my eyes to different gospel topics like our agency. "Do we realize that 'putting off' or 'no decision' at all is actually a decision? That was just one of the great things that I really liked from his book on agency. The book also lead me to find this wonderful scripture in Mosiah 23:21

Nevertheless the Lord seeth fit to chasten his people; yea, he trieth their patience and their faith."

This scripture has really uplifted me this week. I really feel that my faith and hope has been tested this past week and just found a lot of peace in this scripture. I hope that I can have more faith and hope in my life. Especially when we face lots and lots of rejection as we did this past week.

As for our investigators, we have more that have committed but we are having a little trouble keeping them at church for the full three hours. One of them is the younger sibling of a member. HE IS AWESOME!! He is one of my most favorite people and I see that he is wanting to learn about this Gospel. I know that one day he will join the church, he enjoys and feels the spirit often. We had a total of 3 investigators at church and they are moving slowly but surely. Every time we meet with them it is a little miracle. The spirit is truly the teacher and these people are moving forward.

We will hold MLC tomorrow so there are extra missionaries here and it should be another spiritual uplifitng thing. I love you all and wish all the best!!

Elder Hayes 

Zone Conference in Jakarta
Just the typical traffic 
GONG XI FA CAI Today is Chinese New Year!

Spending some time with other missionaries

No comments:

Post a Comment