Sunday, April 24, 2016

Week 94 - Time Flies, Last Round of Zone Conferences, and A New Girlfriend ;)

Keeping track of time has become meaningless in the sense that it is flying by! I read Elder Peterson's email and have to agree with his statement that I wake up and it feels like I go to bed just an hour later! 

This past week was a crazy one! It was the LAST round of PLD's that I will have in the mission along with President and Sister Donald! The spirit was so strong and you would be surprised the things the spirit tells you after you have seen the same thing more than once. It is pretty hard to even think that it was the last round. We talked more about repentance and roll played teaching it better to our investigators. Other big topics that we discussed include: Bike safety due to all of the accidetns, obedience, Using our time wisely, the characteristics of Christ, and following up with ourselves to be on a mission and also our investigators. It was awesome, I loved every bit of it!

Last P-day before all of these conferences started, we had a pretty neat activity. As a district we went to a place called Taman mini. It is like an Indonesian Epcot kind of place. It has a lot of the traditional foods and housing for all of the different cultures here in Indonesia! It was pretty cool. We held snakes, saw some traditional clothing, and had a great time!

Other than that, not a whole lot happened this past week. We were just gone for most of it. Saturday and Sunday we were teaching people. We have one investigator that really wants to get baptized and do all of the right things. He has absolutely no money at all. He has made the decision that he will find himself work first and then when he has the means to make it to church more often he will get baptized! As a mission, 9 people were baptized this weekend! The work continues strong!

My beloved companion, Elder Hariyadi, finishes his mission on Wednesday and I will be receiving a new companion so look out for that! I have been with Elder Hariyadi longer than any of my previous companions totaling 4 months! 

Love you all!! 

Elder Hayes

APs and President Donald at the Airport

At Zone Conference 
Where is the tall white guy? - hahaha 
with a bunch of the indonesian missionaries

More Zone Conference Pictures

The Tallest in the Mission

The giant castle!

My companion and I

 remember these guys from Solo?? Just the best ayam bakar in Indonesia!!

More Pictures from Zone Conference

Solo Zone Conference 
My version of Titanic 


My new girl friend -- ;)  Just glad it wasn't a tight squeeze.

a style of house you would find in Padang. (no missionaries in that city yet)

found some traditional clothing of my companion's area in Indonesia!

Surabaya Zone Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment