Monday, January 26, 2015

Week 30 - Zone Conference (PLD), Preparing for Transfers, and Roti Bakar

Hello Family!!!

Thank you all for your emails, thoughts and prayers. They are felt as a I go throughout the week! This past week was busy but just another week in the life of a missionary!

On Tuesday and Wednesday we had our PLD meetings and if things don't change I will be transferred! I will be leaving the almost village like city and area of Solo, Banjarsari, and hitting the big streets in the second largest city in Indonesia, Surabaya. Surabaya is said to be the hottest city in the entire mission and if not mistaken we are talking one of the biggest cities in the entire world! Solo has been amazing, but also it will be fun to start up in a whole new place! 6 months in an area and you really grow in the people and things that are around you. If all goes to plan the transfer will happen on February 3rd! I'm not sure if there will be a slight change in date because my Kitas expires on the 31st, you know that document that says that I can live in Indonesia! But we will see!!!

I'm not really sure where that story happened but the sacrifice to attend the temple here is something that is common throughout the entire country especially the funds to attend. It's something we help active members with too. What can they do to help them be able to attend the temple? 

This week we have been rejected over and over, nothing new, but there is still growth in others. H. has already received the priesthood and is progressing and learning so much! I was able to get his information the other day just in case things change and I don't see him again. Our less active did not come to church and it was very sad but next week I think he will come. We had another less active come who has been coming to sacrament a lot more and then going to work which is a whole lot better than not coming at all!

I can't believe I'm saying this but I actually got cold this week. Wednesday night we were coming home and it was raining and boy was it cold! We had to stop and get some hot honey milk and some roti bakar! :) I'm pretty sure roti bakar is the cause of my slight weight gain!! I probably shouldn't say that because I don't think that I will be saying it again! I'll be heating up with this transfer!

I see the progression in my language every day and it is really nice being to have a conversation with random people and understanding what they are saying. With that being said, Dad, your google translated sentence is almost correct! :) 

It sounds like it is cold as anything there and I'm grateful that it is warm here. Oh yeah,  I got an email from Kiersten and it talked about Spring Break. What are the plans this year for that? It better not be like a cruise or something like that because I'm not there!

Well, there wasn't a whole lot of different things happen this week so I'll keep this one short! I love you all and hope that this week goes great! 

Elder Hayes


Thank You to the Greene's I can have facial hair :)

Missionaries from the same MTC group at PLD!!
One of the church buildings in Solo!

Nasi Goreng-- one of my favorite dishes!!!!!!!

Playing a little pool for P-day with missionaries from the zone

Spent a day proselyting here

Raining and an example of an address


No comments:

Post a Comment